Image Map

Saturday, December 30, 2017

December Favorites 2017

It's time for my last "favorites" post of 2017! And what a month of wonderful favorites it has been. I hope you all enjoy this short trip down memory lane as much as I have! I've actually been looking back on my year on Organized Chaos the last several days, and to celebrate an awesome year I'm hosting not one, not two, but three giveaways! Be sure to go back to those posts (linked at the bottom of this one) to see some of my most popular content from the past year and win some awesome stuff to kick off the new year :)


1. Advent Activities



I've had a tradition with my daughters since they were 2 of doing some kind of small, Christmas-related activity every day in December leading up to Christmas, and every year it is one of the highlights of the year. It's not too stressful to organize because I stick to things I would already be doing, like putting up a tree or hanging lights, or little things that require very little time or supplies like calling someone to wish them a Merry Christmas or eating a candy cane. And it's such a fun way to enjoy the season with each other without me worrying about "when are we going to do this or that?". Here's the post I wrote with a list of what we did this year as well as a description of how I made the advent calendar (super easy).

2. Music Banner



I found these music note pennant banners at the Target Dollar Spot at the beginning of the month and couldn't believe my luck. They are so pretty! I hung them up over my open shelving and I love having that extra little touch in my classroom (here's a classroom tour- pre-banner obviously- if you want to check out the rest of my room).

3. Christmas Planner Spreads



I had so much fun decorating my planner for the holidays! It's impossible for me to pick a favorite- check out my instagram photos if you want to see the others. I often get tired of decorating around a certain season or theme, but I'm honestly a little sad to move on from the Christmas theme! Here's a post I wrote on functional decorating for teacher planners if you're new to the concept :)

4. Music Education Blog Posts

I share one favorite blog post from other websites every Friday on my Facebook page- and I found some great ones this month!









5. 2017 in Review (and giveaways!)

If you haven't already, you'll want to come take a look back at the most popular posts from this past year. So much great content to cover every aspect of life. My final "favorite" is all of you- thank you for all the support and inspiration you have given me this year! I am so grateful to have the opportunity to connect with so many amazing people. Take a look back at all the fun we've had this year:




What an amazing month, and an even more amazing year! I can't wait for more awesomeness in 2018. Happy New Year everyone! Make sure you don't miss a beat- sign up here for the Organized Chaos Newsletter :)

No comments :

Post a Comment